Monday, January 26, 2015

Author Interview: Pembroke Sinclair

Hello and Happy Monday to everyone! I sincerely hope this past weekend was wonderful for all of you :)

Today I'd like to introduce you to author Pembroke Sinclair. Her latest book, Dealing with Devils came out just last week and I was delighted to show you the cover and meet you with Pembroke herself! She agreed to do an interview for YA Story Teller and all the awesome people who read my updates. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did :))

Me:  If you had a picture of someone in your wallet, who would it be? 
Pembroke: I always keep pictures of my kids in my wallet. They make me smile.

Me: How do you take your coffee?
Pembroke: Black.  And only about 1/3 of a cup.  I just don’t drink it like I used to.

Me: Tell us about your writing process. Do you outline, or are you more of a seat on your pants type of a writer?
Pembroke: I’m a seat of my pants writer.  Although, I generally have an idea in my head of how the story will end, but getting there is always an adventure.
 
Me: What is your most interesting writing quirk?
Pembroke: For this last book, I hand wrote the entire thing in a notebook, then typed it out on the computer.
 
Me: Oh wow! Like in the old times :) What is the highest goal that you desire to meet as an author?
Pembroke: My highest goal as a writer is to have it be self-sustaining.  I would love to have the vast majority of my income come from my stories.

Me: Why do you write?
Pembroke: I write because the voices in my head won’t stop talking until I tell their story.
 
Me: What's the last book you bought? Have you read it yet?
Pembroke: Alien River of Pain by Christopher Golden.  I’m in the process of reading it.

Me: Do you feel scared to pick up a book about which you've heard a lot of different opinions?
Pembroke: Nope.  In fact, it makes it more intriguing.  It allows me to form my opinion, which I would do no matter what others were saying about it.
 
Me:  Your favorite book genres.
Pembroke: Sci fi and fantasy.  And I rarely venture outside of those genres, but I am trying to be more open minded.

Me: Who is the one author that you would love to meet someday and why?
Pembroke: I actually have several, but I’ll list just a few:  Stephen King – I think he would be fun to talk horror and zombies with; Mary Roach – she is so adventurous and such an awesome nonfiction writer, I would love to get some ideas; Milton – I would have loved to talk to him about his religious views and how they inspired him to write what he wrote.

Me: If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Pembroke: I would get rid of the anxiety and panic attacks.  They can be really debilitating at times.

Me: Whose concert do you want to go a'rockin'?
Pembroke: Aerosmith.  They are my all-time favorite band. I’ve already seen them numerous times, and I plan on seeing them in concert this summer.  Wooooot! I would also like to see Eric Church again.  He was awesome!

Me: What are you wearing right at this moment?
Pembroke: Sweats, which you will find me in if I’m not at work.  Of which, my Famous Monsters of Filmland zippie coat with the Predator on my back is my favorite.

Me: Where are you right now?
Pembroke: At my kitchen table listening to my kids spinning themselves on the recliner in the living room.  There’s a lot of squealing going on.

Author Bio:
Pembroke Sinclair is a literary jack of all trades, playing her hand at multiple genres. She has

written an eclectic mix of fiction ranging from horror to sci-fi and even some westerns. Born in Rock Springs, Wyoming--the home of 56 nationalities--it is no wonder Pembroke ended up so creatively diverse. Her fascination with the notions of good and evil, demons and angels, and how the lines blur have inspired her writing. Pembroke lives in Laramie, Wyoming, with her husband, two spirited boys, a black lab named Ryder, and a rescue kitty named Alia, who happens to be the sweetest, most adorable kitty in the world! She cannot say no to dessert, orange soda, or cinnamon. She loves rats and tatts and rock and roll and wants to be an alien queen when she grows up.

You can learn more about Pembroke Sinclair by visiting her at http://pembrokesinclair.blogspot.com/

Social Media Links:
https://www.facebook.com/jessicarobinsonauthor
https://twitter.com/PembrokeSinclai
https://plus.google.com/102808614523341154478/posts
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3522214.Pembroke_Sinclair
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.