Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Tweeting, scheduling and crossposting...

When I signed up for Twitter some years ago, I only used it vaguely, from time to time and for no real purpose. Today, the picture is much different. I log into Twitter and to a scheduling service when I sit down at my computer, so I can 'space out' my tweets and that's just fine. No one really wants to be bombarded by constant messages from the same user over and over in the space of 10 minutes. I get that. It's useful and I actually like it.

It's the cross-posting that irritates me a lot. Why? Because I see the same exact tweets, repeated ten times, from different services bounce around and ask for attention. And they don't really share anything interesting but a link to follow. Where's the engaging little message to go with it? Or the colorful picture to actually make you want to see the stuff behind the link? Where's the actual person? Nowhere really.

Not that I don't cross-post. Gosh, I do, and I want to apologize to all the people who have to look at the repetitive non-personal messages that pop onto their screens now and then. But I'm starting to think that we're allowing machines and services to take too much of our personal space nowadays. What's worse - we're doing it willingly.

I don't really remember when was the last time I engaged in a real conversation on Twitter. And that's just sad.

Do you have an opinion? Share it below! :)

~ by Vanya D.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.