Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #8


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

My pick this week is:








Title: Illusion
Series: Chronicles of Nick, Book #5
Genre: paranormal romance
Audience: YA
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Release date: April 1st, 2014
Publisher:  St. Martin's Griffin

Summary:

Be careful what you wish for…

You just might get it.

Nick Gautier is tired of his destiny. He doesn’t want to be the son of a demon who’s fated to end the world. Nor does he want to see another demon or other preternatural creature who wants to kill or enslave him. He just wants to be normal and have normal problems like everyone else.

But normality isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. When he gets sucked into an alternate reality where his mother has married his mentor and his Atlantean god best friend has become a human geek, he begins to understand that no life is free of pain, and that every person has a specific place in the universe… Even the son of a hated demon.

Most of all, he sees that his powers aren’t the curse he thought they were, and that the world needs a champion, especially one its enemies can’t imagine rising up to defend the ones he should destroy.

Old enemies and new friends square off for a major battle that will either restore Nick to his real world, or end him forever.
 Why I want to read it:

Okay, honestly? I haven't read this series. I have, I think, a couple of the first books, but with all the review titles I have, there is no time for the books I want to read for myself. But! This cover is really good, and I just couldn't help it :)


So how about you? What amazing book are you waiting on this week?  

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this, but it sounds great. I hope you'll enjoy it.
    My WoW
    I hate spam too, to prevent it, I approve every comment before publishing. I think it's better solution than CAPTCHA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh nice! Never read this series but see it around a lot! Liking the cover! Simple, yet pretty powerful and awesome!!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.