Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #4


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

My pick this week is:

#1



Title: Stolen Songbird
Series: Malediction Trilogy Book One
Genre: high fantasy
Audience: YA
Author: Danielle L. Jensen
Release date: April 1st, 2014
Publisher:  Angry Robot ltd. (Strange Chemistry)

Summary:

For five centuries, a witch’s curse has bound the trolls to their city beneath the ruins of Forsaken Mountain. Time enough for their dark and nefarious magic to fade from human memory and into myth. But a prophesy has been spoken of a union with the power to set the trolls free, and when Cécile de Troyes is kidnapped and taken beneath the mountain, she learns there is far more to the myth of the trolls than she could have imagined.

Cécile has only one thing on her mind after she is brought to Trollus: escape. Only the trolls are clever, fast, and inhumanly strong. She will have to bide her time, wait for the perfect opportunity.

But something unexpected happens while she’s waiting – she begins to fall for the enigmatic troll prince to whom she has been bonded and married. She begins to make friends. And she begins to see that she may be the only hope for the half-bloods – part troll, part human creatures who are slaves to the full-blooded trolls. There is a rebellion brewing. And her prince, Tristan, the future king, is its secret leader.

As Cécile becomes involved in the intricate political games of Trollus, she becomes more than a farmer’s daughter. She becomes a princess, the hope of a people, and a witch with magic powerful enough to change Trollus forever.

 Why I want to read it:

Gosh, just look at the cover and tell me you don't want this book. I dare you!

#2



Title: Strange Sweet Song
Series: standalone
Genre: fantasy, romance
Audience:  YA
Author: Adi Rule
Release date: March 11th, 2014
Publisher:  St. Martin's Press (St. Martin's Griffin)

Summary:

A young soprano enrolls in a remote music academy where nothing, not even her mysterious young vocal coach, is as it seems

Outside Dunhammond Conservatory, there lies a dark forest. And in the forest, they say, lives a great beast called the Felix. But Sing da Navelli never put much faith in the rumors and myths surrounding the school; music flows in her blood, and she is there to sing for real. This prestigious academy will finally give her the chance to prove her worth—not as the daughter of world-renowned musicians—but as an artist and leading lady in her own right.

Yet despite her best efforts, there seems to be something missing from her voice. Her doubts about her own talent are underscored by the fact that she is cast as the understudy in the school's production of her favorite opera, Angelique. Angelique was written at Dunhammond, and the legend says that the composer was inspired by forest surrounding the school, a place steeped in history, magic, and danger. But was it all a figment of his imagination, or are the fantastic figures in the opera more than imaginary?

Sing must work with the mysterious Apprentice Nathan Daysmoor as her vocal coach, who is both her harshest critic and staunchest advocate. But Nathan has secrets of his own, secrets that are entwined with the myths and legends surrounding Dunhammond, and the great creature they say lives there.

Lyrical, gothic, and magical, Strange Sweet Song by Adi Rule will captivate and enchant readers.

  Why I want to read it:

Oh my angel! I've got to fan myself here. I loved both those choices by summary and cover. I hope they're good as fiction too!!!

So how about you? What amazing book are you waiting on this week?  

NOTE: To those of you who haven't noticed, I'm featuring a giveaway of 1 copy of Jennifer L. Armentrout's White Hot Kiss. Yeah, you got it - it's the 1st Dark Elements book. The trick here is, if there are A LOT of entries on it, I'll be choosing TWO WINNERS!!! So, go sign up and tell your friends! TO GIVEAWAY!

16 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting, i will have to looking into it. Thanks for sharing!

    This is our WOW of this week.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Stolen Songbird looks and sound fabulous! I will definitely be reading it! I just got Strange Sweet Song as an ARC and am looking forward to reading it. Great picks! Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful covers on both! I hope you enjoy!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of those actually sound really good. I'm going to wait and see what reviews say of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They both sound so interesting. I've got them on my to-read list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOoh nice! Just saw your first pick at another blog! And the other book is totally new to me! Both have stunning covers! Hope you enjoy them both as well!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the covers! Hope you can stop by mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen a lot of people with Stolen Songbird on their WoW this past month. It does sound pretty interesting. The cover for the second book is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both covers are gorgeous, but Songbird sounds really interesting. I'll add this one to my TBR list. Great picks!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, both your picks sound amazing and will be going on my Goodreads TBR list asap! This is the second time I've come across Stolen Songbird and it sounds so good, as does your other choice. And those covers - gorgeous! Thanks for the great pick shares!

    Jenn @ Tale of Two Doxies
    Tale of Two Doxies: Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in love......totally, irrevocably, in love!!! I WANT both of these books!!! The word "awesome" doesn't even begin to cover my feelings regarding these two books, which I've never heard of before. I HAVE to buy them!!!! And then I will DEVOUR them!! So thanks for putting them on my radar!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am SOOO excited to read Stolen Songbird. It's on netgalley as well and I hope I get accepted because it sounds like a dream ^_^. Plus, for the most part, Strange Chemistry hasn't let me down! :)

    I actually came across a Strange Sweet Song the other day but wasn't sure it was for me.

    Great Picks!

    Rashika @ Tangled in Pages

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never heard any of these books before, curious though :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't heard of any of the books before, but they sound good! Happy Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't heard of either of these books before. They both sound really good though, so thanks for bringing them to my attention :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stolen Songbird sounds fantastic! I don't normally go for high fantasy books, but I might have to check this one out when it releases!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.