Saturday, November 30, 2013

JEWEL of the month is "You are Mine" by Janeal Falor

Good morning my wonderful Thanksgivers! I hope you're stuffed and satisfied and ready to move on!

I've decided to start this monthly 'ritual' shall I say, of choosing the ONE book that impressed me the most out of all books I've read in that month. I think it's a pretty good idea, given all the bads, okays, goods, and brilliants out there. ONE book worth my time. ONE book worth my emotions. You can join in if you want to, or not. Leave a comment to warm my heart :)
 

This month's winner is Janeal Falor's YOU ARE MINE. It's the first one of her Mine series, and it's developed in a world full of magic, where women are used for nothing more than to enhance the magical abilities of their husband and to pass magic to the following generation. There's abuse going on, punishments and such if the father figure or the husband is disobeyed. Sick, if you ask me. We're so used to being independent, that if we suddenly get constraint like this... I dunno, I think we may just die of heart attack. Which is why the journey to independence may open up your eyes to a new look on our taken-for-granted freedom.

Anyway, I personally gave You Are Mine 5 stars. I still haven't written my review, but I was thrilled to read this phenomenal work of fiction. I won't say more, so I can leave my wonderful thoughts for my review, but it's definitely worth reading.



Links:
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17888912-you-are-mine" there's a 43 page excerpt available to read!!
Amazon:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0989743209?ie=UTF8&tag=httpwwwgoodco-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0989743209&SubscriptionId=1MGPYB6YW3HWK55XCGG2"


Here's the summary:

Serena knows a few simple things. She will always be owned by a warlock. She will never have freedom. She will always do what her warlock wishes, regardless of how inane, frivolous, or cruel it is. And if she doesn’t follow the rules, she will be tarnished. Spelled to be bald, inked, and barren for the rest of her life—worth less than the shadow she casts.

Then her ownership is won by a barbarian from another country. With the uncertainty that comes from belonging to a new warlock, Serena questions if being tarnished is really worse than being owned by a barbarian, and tempts fate by breaking the rules. When he looks the other way instead of punishing her, she discovers a new world. The more she ventures into the forbidden, the more she learns of love and a freedom just out of reach. Serena longs for both. But in a society where women are only ever property, hoping for more could be deadly.

4 comments:

  1. Holy smokes I loved You Are Mine! I love this idea of paying tribute to the one book of the month that amazed you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IKR? I loved it too! The world building was amazing, and the theme was extremely well structured! :)

      Delete
  2. I like your idea of choosing a jewel each month. I recently read the prequel Mine to Tarnish and I am looking forward to reading You Are Mine! The world is really original and I am curious how the prequel relates to the first book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lolita! You Are Mine was exceptional! The prequel was good, but the book? Definitely a five star. :)

      Delete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.