Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Book Review: Hover by Melissa West


Hover
NOTE: I received the eARC via Netgalley. Many thanks to the Entangled TEEN Team.

Honestly speaking, Gravity did not have me swooning or panting to catch my breath. It was a nice story with nice characters, some adequate sort of action...

But Hover?

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! Things have changed. Tremendously. So much that my rating has gone up!

I loved Hover. I loved the writing style, which was flawless and mesmerizing. I loved that there was action and passion and all things pure and holy in a world that is progressively dying. I loved how every single movement of a character seemed to be there on purpose.

Most of all, I loved Ari Alexander, who had started to figure out things about herself, about the importance of life, about truth as she knew it. About her own heart and where it may lead her if she'd only let it. Ari isn't the same girl she used to be back on Earth. Oh no. She's slowly transforming into a woman of importance. But not self-importance. We're talking appointed importance. Because people actually look up to her. And it's not that she's seeing exactly what her father was teaching her through all those hard lessons she used to despise so much.

And then there's Jackson. Traitor Jackson. Alien Jackson. Jackson, who is actually the most adorable, loving and caring male specimen in this series. He's endangered his life on numerous occasions in order to protect the people he loves. He's suffered through so much pain, and Zeus's attempts to break him, but has stood up under it all. Until Ari that is. Because she very well may be his undoing.

Things get incredibly complicated as Zeus's plans unravel. But hold your breath because that's not all. What Earth is planning is worse.

Pick up the book and stick around to see exactly what I mean. I assure you, you won't regret it.

My rating is: 5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.