Friday, September 13, 2013

Book Review: Saving Wishes by G.J. Walker-Smith


Saving Wishes


NOTE: I received the eARC through Netgalley. Many thanks!

Awesome beginning, awesome middle, and even awesome ending cliffhanger! It left me gasping for air and had me laughing through the whole story.

Saving Wishes was a light read with deep and complicated characters. It was full of secrets, hopes, undying love and the most beautiful promises. It sounds kind of like a love at first sight story, but it's not exactly so. It's more like attraction at first sight, which I think is completely normal. After all, how could you fall in love with a person you don't feel attracted to, right?

The characters, their beautifully crafted identities and realistic personalities were incredible. I'm not talking only about Charli and Adam, who by the way were the perfect impossible star-crossed lovers. I'm talking about Alex, Gabrielle, Nicole, the Tates... Practically everybody. Some were protagonists, others weren't and still others switched camp as the story developed. All that made them even more realistic, because in real life people change, turn bad(or good) and continue living with new hopes and dreams.

The romance was incredible as well. I fell in love with Chardam (Charli-Adam) and I think that together they will always hold a special place in my heart. Their relationship was unique in the way that they had nothing in common but the attraction (and later love) that they had for each other. And still, it was enough.

Charli was the restless spirit in the couple. The traveler, the fairy-tale lover who would never grow out of the world of La La Land. She was always ready to tell Adam those absolutely crazy, yet beautiful and somehow relevant stories about fairies from all over the world. I loved those stories. Even the tragic ones.

Adam on the other hand, had his future all planned out. He's a law student with great ambitions and aspirations. he'd never planned on meeting and/or falling in love with Charli though. So, ever since that faithful moment when they locked eyes in the parking lot of Alex's cafe, Adam's world sort of made a one-eighty. I loved watching him get out of his perfectly manicured shell, out of his comfort zone and slowly but surely stealing Charli's heart.

He stole mine too. He'll steal yours also, if you'd only let him.

My rating is 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.