Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Book Review: Darker Days by Jus Accardo


Darker Days


Thank you Entangled TEEN for this eARC. The review that follows is as honest as they get.

Wow! Just. Wow!

I must say that this is the first book I've read by Jus Accardo, and if I have to judge by it, boy - I've missed a lot of action! And drama. And romance. Darker Days was amazing! Reminded me of other similar books, but it had its own spunk and mentality. I simply fell for it!

Jessie was at the center of it all, of course. A bad-A teen heroine determined to hold her own no matter what the situation entailed. She never backed down when things started getting ugly, only proving how brave (and okay, sometimes stupid) she could be. She couldn't be bothered to listen to her mom's plea to stay safe, which got her in more trouble than not. But I liked it. Made the pages fly by and the action fly high.

When Lucas first came in the picture, it was obvious where he'd land. Right into Jessie's arms. But to be honest, I've got nothing against that. They fit together like a glove on a hand. Besides, they did go through a bunch of obstacles before that happened. And the drama was hyped up enormously. Not to mention the few arguments they had, and the differences in ... well... everything. They were just bound to work out in the weirdest way.

Crazy chick Meredith was one heck of an insane witch. She was more messed up than I originally thought, so I definitely give a high five to Jus's imagination. I hated her, for who she was, and loved the depth of her character development. It was refreshing to have a well written villain for a change.

And the ending? I never even saw that coming. I hoped for some kind of a sensible resolution, and I got it. It wasn't perfect by any means. But it definitely left me satisfied and hanging on for more.

My rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.