Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #50

Photobucket
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

My pick this week is:


Title: Screwed
Series: none
Author: Laurie Plissner
Release date: May 18th, 2013

Summary:

Grace was the girl who always did everything right, until the night she fell for a boy's sleazy line and became pregnant. Nick couldn't care less about pretty math-geek Grace or the baby he fathered. He's had a dozen girls like her, and he'll have a dozen more. When Grace confesses to her super-religious, strait-laced parents, they deliver a shocker: They've scheduled an abortion. All they want is to pretend this never happened.

When Grace balks, they literally throw her out in the street. A rich, elderly neighbor takes her in, and, with the help of the friendship she needs in Charlie, the old woman's great-nephew, she must make the toughest choice of her young life. The people she believed in were only playing a role, while others, in an unlikely way, are true heroes.

Grace can never have the life she planned, but she has one chance to be the person she will have to live with for the rest of her life. Her choice will cost her, big time, either way--and no one can make it except her.(


 Why I want to read it:

1) I'm on a contemporary reading spree, and I just can't find it in me to stop
2) The story is dealing with lots of today's problems it seems
3) Grace sounds like a character I would like to know

So how about you? What amazing book are you waiting on this week?  

6 comments:

  1. I agree, it sounds really interesting and I'm curious about how it deals with this issue and about Grace's relationships with her family and the new people in her life! I've never seen this one before so thanks for pointing it out to me :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome, and it wouldn't be something I ususally read. I like the conflicts it represents and the backstabbing, if that makes sense. Thanks for spotlighting, I'm gonna add it. =) My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't sound like my kind of read, but still hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this on NetGalley yesterday, and it caught my eye. Looks interesting. New follower.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds interesting. Not really my thing but still interesting.

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds really good, I'm adding it to my TRB list! Thanks :)

    Reading with ABC

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.