Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #46

Photobucket
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

My pick this week is:


Title: Going Vintage
Series: None
Author: Lindsey Leavitt
Release date: March 26th, 2013

Summary:

In this humorous and heartfelt novel, the key to a broken heart is to go vintage: swear off modern technology and live like it's 1962!
When Mallory discovers that her boyfriend, Jeremy, is cheating on her with an online girlfriend, she swears off boys. She also swears off modern technology. Inspired by a list of goals her grandmother made in 1962, Mallory decides to "go vintage" and return to a simpler time (when boyfriends couldn't cheat on you online). She sets out to complete grandma's list: run for pep club secretary, host a dinner party, sew a homecoming dress, find a steady, do something dangerous. But the list is trickier than it looks. And obviously finding a steady is out . . . no matter how good Oliver (Jeremy's cousin) smells. But with the help of her sister, she'll get it done. Somehow.


 Why I want to read it:

First, because it's a contemporary novel and I'm totally in love with those.
Second, because I'd love to see how it works for her to swear off technology.
Third, I'm extremely curious to see how well she manages to stay away from Oliver :)))

So how about you? What amazing book are you waiting on this week?  

FYI: I have a giveaway going on of an e-copy of All the Broken Pieces by Cindy Madsen. If you're interested, visit my Current Giveaways page. Thanks and good luck!

14 comments:

  1. Haha, it sounds like a very funny read. I hope you're going to enjoy this. Nice pick! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been hearing a lot of buzz on this. I don't like contemps, but still hope that you love this one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm in love with contemps! Can live off of them forever!

      Delete
  3. I'd love to see how it was like without technology - it's interesting, because it seems impossible, really. Great pick, new follower :D

    Check out my WoW and New Year's Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read that one too.

    Here's mine - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2012/12/waiting-on-wednesday-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impatiently waiting for this one too, especially since I got rejected for it on NetGalley :P Hopefully I'll get to at least some reviews soon. I'm really curious to see how precisely Mallory will change her life! Great pick :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also got rejected :( And the new Netgalley platform doesn't allow re-requesting :(((

      Delete
  6. I've been completely in love with contemporaries lately too. This one sounds really different and awesome. I really love the name Oliver, so that's a plus too.

    Stop by my wow!

    -Kait @ YA Vixens

    ReplyDelete
  7. I *loved* Sean Griswold's Head, so I'm really looking forward to this one!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm, i haven't read sean griswold's head, never even thought there was a connection between the two..

      Delete
  8. I've seen this one around a lot and I would like to read some reviews of the book before I decide but I like the sound of it.. It looks pretty interesting. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book looks adorable. I'm really excited to read it too.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.