Tuesday, November 20, 2012

In her shoes ~33~




Every Tuesday I will pick a character I've read about recently, perhaps even the week before, and try putting myself in her shoes. What things would I do differently? What have I learned from her behavior? That kind of thing. You are welcome to participate if you want, just please link back, so we could build a nice community of followers. Thanks!!! :)





Technically, the book I'm going to tell you about today isn't considered YA. However, there's absolutely nothing adult in it, except the characters, so it's perfectly safe (and I even recommend it) for teens to read. It was a very very powerful book, that shattered me from the inside and built me back again. It was INCREDIBLE!

Now, since this isn't technically my review, let me share with you a character, whose special ability to lead people into the heart of hardship and back out struck me as amazing.

Her name is Dana, and she's a radio station financial manager. She's also a Christian, though she never had an idea what real faith meant until she was called by the Spirit to spend a week with a bunch of dudes at some secluded resort. The days she spent there changed her life forever, as what she learned from the Bible and her own experience shattered any understanding she'd previously had on life and the world.

Instead of returning to ordinary life, Dana had entered the world of spiritual warfare, where demons fought God's people on a daily basis. And she'd just become one of those people. Demons attack her physically and spiritually, but through the power of Jesus and the faith He gave her, she was able to fight back bravely.

I honestly thought that at one point she'd give in to the threats of the demons, but thanks to her group of warriors, and the Spirit, she got back her courage and decided that fighting the enemy back was worth it.

I loved that girl, how real she was, how incredibly smart and logic her thinking was. And I loved her desire to let faith rule her life. I truly want to be like her.


Whose shoes would you like to step into this week?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an amazing character. I like it when the character is real and tries to put their faith in something bigger than themselves. It's not easy. Thanks for sharing :)

    My In Her Shoes post!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.