Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #30



Photobucket








Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

My pick this week is:




Title: Confessions of an Angry Girl
Series:  Confessions, book 1
Author: Louise Rozett
Release date: August 28th, 2012

Summary:
Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some CONFESSIONS to make... #1: I'm livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I'm allowed to be irate, don't you?

#2: I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed Jamie Forta, a badass guy who "might" be dating a cheerleader. She is now enraged and out for blood. Mine.

#3: High school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien, and I see red all the time. (Mars is red and "seeing red" means being angry-get it?)

Here are some other vocab words that describe my life: Inadequate. Insufferable. Intolerable.

(Don't know what they mean? Look them up yourself.) (Sorry. That was rude.)




Why I want to read it:

First, just look at the cover, doesn't it whisper to you? And second, I love a girl with issues. I'd really love to see how the author described the sparky, angry attitude. I think it'd be a fun read. And, Harlequin were so good to let me read the eARC :) I"m so happy! I hope to get to it soon! :)



So how about you? What amazing book are you waiting on this week? 

GIVEAWAY REMINDER:


Two giveaways are currently running at my blog. You can check them out and participate here 

Oh, and please leave links to your WOW posts, so I can stop by! Thanks!

30 comments:

  1. I've seen this everywhere, I can't wait to read it!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a girl with issues too! Makes for an emotional ride!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does, doesn't it? I really wonder how it's gonna turn out :))

      Delete
  3. Just saw this one at another blog!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover of this really caught my attention too. My only reservation in reading this one is that I think the protagonist i s 14 and I normally read older YA books. I still might give it a read. The reviews have been pretty good.

    Sarah @ That Teenage Feeling
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This look really interesting. I cannot wait to hear what you think about the book. Adding it to my TBR
    Thanks
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm literally about to start reading this. Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks actually really, really good. I think this goes onto my tbr as well. I'll have be on lookout for your rating on it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a good contemporary YA book. I'm going to go add it to my TBR list right now.

    My WOW: http://breathofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-17-space-between-us.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for stopping by and checking out my WoW, I can't wait to read this one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really curious about this one as well! I've heard some really great things about it!(:

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know! Especially since I don't really look at reviews before reading a book ;)

      Delete
  11. This definitely sounds interesting and I'm curious to see what this one's about. I'd love to read it when it comes out. Great pick.
    Check out my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by! I don't read a lot of contemp YA but I do like the cover

    ReplyDelete
  13. i really want to read this one too. it sounds like my kind of contemporary YA read. awesome pick! :)

    Our WoW.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't seen this book around but I'm falling in love with YA contemporaries, so I'll probably love it.

    Thanks so much for the follow. I happily returned the favor. Your blog is so neat! I love it!

    Thanks for stopping by Better Read Than Dead.

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the nice things you said! It's nice to hear that people like the results of all my hard work on this blog :)

      Delete
  15. I can tell this will be a popular book for the next couple of weeks. I will wait for your reviews

    Talk Supe WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I agree. I just really hope it turns out to be great! I love great contemporary reads :))

      Delete
  16. I saw this on Goodreads! It sounds amazing! I can't wait to read this! :D Thank you for following my blog, Literary Love Affair! I am now following via GFC! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this synopsis, it's nice seeing an MC with attitude! I'm definitely adding this to my tbr pile.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've seen this around a lot now. I really like the cover and it sounds really interestng. Can't wait to see what you think of it.

    Great pick! Here's mine. =D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just came from a blog that featured this one too. I can't wait to read it.

    My WOW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/#!/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-30-dark-light.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have this one from Netgalley and I'm excited to get into it! It sounds really good and I love a good book with issues! I hope you're able to get your hands on this one :)

    Jessirae @ Words, Pages, and Books
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  21. I saw this on netgalley but wasn't sure how I felt about it so I'm going to wait and see some reviews before I decide to buy a finished copy of not! Happy Reading this week =D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can't wait to read Confessions of an Angry Girl! Thanks for posting!

    My WoW is Beneath the Glitter by Elle & Blair Fowler. Thanks in advance if you stop by for a visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great pick, Vanya! I'm really looking forward to this one. :)

    Thanks for stopping by the blog! Following you now!

    Randi @ Cardigans, Coffee and Bookmarks

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have this for review so I will probably be reading this one very soon! Great choice.

    Waiting on Wednesday
    Lisa @ Shatterbooks

    July To Be Read Pile: Help Me? Vote here!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.