Tuesday, July 24, 2012

In her shoes ~20~

Every Tuesday I will pick a character I've read about recently, perhaps even the week before, and try putting myself in her shoes. What things would I do differently? What have I learned from her behavior? That kind of thing. You are welcome to participate if you want, just please link back, so we could build a nice community of followers. Thanks!!! :)





Today I want to tell you about one amazing woman. She's no hero, as she points out herself on several occasions. Yet, she saves a whole bunch people from being brutally murdered at a college campus. She is Joe, from H.D. Gordon's new release, JOE.

Joe isn't shy, but she has a speech impediment that makes it difficult for her to communicate with people. She isn't bothered by that fact, because this way she can actually keep her privacy. And with that privacy, she can keep her secret - that she is special, that she has visions of the future, and that those visions are never, ever good.

Most people, if they know of a planned massacre, would rather save their life than risk it to save the future victims. But Joe isn't like most people. She can't abandon the mission her life had put her on this earth to accomplish. She can't abandon innocent people in the hands of a psychopath. She can't just stay away and watch, when she could actually prevent those deaths.

Joe is no hero, but she's brave and selfless, and she gets no peace of mind until she's done what she had to do. And that's never an easy task, not for a lone girl anyway. But she knows that there is no choice for her, unless she wants to live on with a guilty conscience for the rest of her life.

I loved Joe and I appreciated her character very much. I think it would be awesome if people like her actually existed in real life. Perhaps then, some things could really be made better.

So, whose shoes would you step into this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.