Tuesday, July 17, 2012

In her shoes ~ 19 ~

Every Tuesday I will pick a character I've read about recently, perhaps even the week before, and try putting myself in her shoes. What things would I do differently? What have I learned from her behavior? That kind of thing. You are welcome to participate if you want, just please link back, so we could build a nice community of followers. Thanks!!! :)


Today I'm going to tell you about Maggie, the narrator/leading female in One Moment by Kristina McBride.

She started out as an ordinary girl, surrounded by friends, school and family. Loved and cherished. And she was blindly in love herself. So blindly that she never noticed what was happening right under her nose. But then again, if I were in her shoes, I probably wouldn't notice anything out of the ordinary either.

It is the moment when she realized what had been going on behind her back that changed her completely. From the broken hearted, sunken girl, a phoenix came to life. The depression that had threatened to pull her under melted away, leaving her invigorated and ready to go on with her life.

And what I loved about her was that she wasn't afraid to do so. The anger, the guilt, the pieces inside her made her see clearly and I was very proud of her. After all she went through, she deserved to find her happiness.

Maggie is a character I wouldn't change anything about. She was special in all sorts of ways, and I was impressed by the realistic way Kristina McBride captured her personality. She really was something else.

So, who's shoes are you stepping in this week?

2 comments:

  1. "From the broken hearted, sunken girl, a phoenix came to life" - Very lovely words. Maggie sounds truly amazing. It's very easy to sink into depression so it's always really awesome to have a character really battle that. Thanks so much for sharing, Vanya!

    I sadly couldn't do my post because I am behind in my reading and haven't started a new book. But by next, I will be good :)

    Awesome In Her Shoes post, Vayna ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn! Maggie really was an awesome character! I loved every bit of her!

      Delete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.