Tuesday, July 10, 2012

In her shoes ~ 18 ~

Every Tuesday I will pick a character I've read about recently, perhaps even the week before, and try putting myself in her shoes. What things would I do differently? What have I learned from her behavior? That kind of thing. You are welcome to participate if you want, just please link back, so we could build a nice community of followers. Thanks!!! :)





You guys all know how obsessed I am with the Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent. You know how excited I was when I got an ARC of Before I Wake. And even with my impatience to read it and all, I waited for a friend to get her copy so we could discuss it together.

And to be honest, after reading it, I don't think I'd like to step in the shoes of any of the girls. Mostly because I wouldn't want certain things to happen to me, as they did to them.

Perhaps the safest choice would be Sabine, the living breathing nightmare. She's kick ass again in this book, and I think I'm beginning to like her straight-forwardness. She knows what she feels, what she wants... sometimes she doesn't know how to get it, but I have the feeling she's smart and creative enough to figure it out.

Sabine's sort of on the sidelines, but I think her strong character brings her up front every time she speaks, or even rolls her eyes. I'd love to see more of her. Perhaps a short story or novella dedicated all to her. That would be nice :)

So, whose shoes would you like to step into this week?

1 comment:

  1. I have heard so many amazing things about this series and Sabine sounds like an awesome heroine. Thanks for sharing, Vanya! :)

    My In Her Shoes post!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.