Saturday, July 28, 2012

Books to Movies: Total Recall

Heya guys! I haven't done a movie re-cap in a while, so I thought it was about time. Today I'm featuring the movie Total Recall. Info obtained from http://www.starpulse.com.

Based on:  Philip K. Dick’s short story “We Can Remember It for You Wholesale”
Novella summary: He awoke-and wanted Mars. The valleys, he thought. What would it be like to trudge among them? Great and greater yet: the dream grew as he became fully conscious, the dream and the yearning. He could almost feel the enveloping presence of the other world, which only Government agents and high officials had seen. A clerk like himself? Not likely.
Novellete-length, this story is the inspiration behind the popular Total Recall movies from 1990 and 2012.

 
Movie plot:  After a construction worker opts to have a “virtual vacation” implanted in his memory, he begins to doubt his sanity and the world around him.  (Yes, it’s a remake of the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie.)
Starring:  Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Biel
Director:  Len Wiseman
Why it’ll be yummy eye candy:  Check out that cast! Colin Farrell is one of my favorite actors, and I can't wait to see him in this adaptation :) I just bet he's gonna be better than Arny :DD Better looking he is already ;)
Release date:  August 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.