Thursday, June 14, 2012

Book Review: "Ghost Crown" by J. Gabriel Gates

Ghost Crown (The Tracks, #2)

NOTE: I received this book to review from Netgalley.

Finally! I'm done with this book, and I can tell you, it feels like a huge weight was just taken off my shoulders. Now, you may think this means I didn't like the story or something. But then, you may notice my rating, and you might get slightly confused.

Truth is, I really LOVED this book. The only thing about it that sort of exhausted me was the count of its pages. 480 pages!!!!!!! To be honest, not a single one of them could be taken out, but still, that number sort of weigh a whole ton.

Anyway. So, when I began reading I had no idea "Ghost Crown" was book 2 in a series. It took me entire 20 pages to realize that. And then it took me another 50 pages to realize that I didn't actually need to know much about book 1, because the author did his job well. What I mean is that Mr. Gates placed the right reminders at the right spots, so as a new reader such as myself won't get confused at who is who and what had happened and why these people were together or not. You get the idea.

Now, with a hand on my heart I can say (or write) that the story was...  (more)

2 comments:

  1. I'm like you too, I get super impatient with long books! I have one sitting on my pile and it's like 800p so good luck with that!

    Talk Supe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, well that number totally freaked me out. Perhaps because it was a book and author I wasn't familiar about. Usually I don't have a problem with authors that I know. Like G.R.R.Martin... I have read all 5 of his books and the majority of them are well over 1000 pages. *shrug* I won't be that reluctant to read The Tracks 3 when it comes out though. It was too good to procrastinate with ;)

      Delete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.