Tuesday, May 15, 2012

In her shoes ~11~

Every Tuesday I will pick a character I've read about recently, perhaps even the week before, and try putting myself in her shoes. What things would I do differently? What have I learned from her behavior? That kind of thing. You are welcome to participate if you want, just please link back, so we could build a nice community of followers. Thanks!!! :)


Right, so today I have a special lady to introduce to you. Her name is Daphne, and she's the lead female in Brenna Yovanoff's "The Space Between".

She's a demon, the last daughter of Lucifer and Lilith. But except for her heritage (and honestly, who could change that about themselves?), there's nothing demonic about her. I mean, she's so honest all the time, so concerned about everyone but herself, that to me she doesn't fall into the underworld category. She's more angelic than anything, and I was totally pissed when the actual angel couldn't see the good in her.

Anyways, I loved the way she risked her life rushing to the rescue of her brother. I loved her quiet demeanor, and her desire to protect those she cared about. But most of all, I was totally fascinated about how her love saved Truman (the boy she loved) from damnation. If anything can redeem it's love, right?

So, I wouldn't change a thing about Daphne. She was more worthy of a nice life full with warmth than any of the other characters. Because her heart was so innocent, so pure, it was truly amazing :)

So, whose shoes would you like to step into this week?


5 comments:

  1. *_* She really sounds awesome. Makes me want to pick up the book, so onto my tbr it goes! Thanks for sharing!
    My In Her Shoes this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Then you can share your thoughts of it with me :)

      Delete
  2. She sounds like an amazing character. I'm super protective of my bro even though we are adults and he is the older one, I just am, haha. I can totally relate to Daph. Thanks for sharing, Vanya :)

    My In Her Shoes post this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I kinda suck at linking. Here is my post this week LOL

      http://dreamreads.blogspot.com/2012/05/in-her-shoes-7-patti-from-sweet-evil.html

      Delete
    2. Well, I've got no brothers, but I have a younger sister and the instinct to protect her is quite a strong thing :)

      Delete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.