Tuesday, April 10, 2012

In her shoes ~ 6 ~

Every Tuesday I will pick a character I've read about recently, perhaps even the week before, and try putting myself in her shoes. What things would I do differently? What have I learned from her behavior? That kind of thing. You are welcome to participate if you want, just please link back, so we could build a nice community of followers. Thanks!!! :)

I thought a little bit more about my heroine choice of the week. But after some internal debate, I stopped on Captain Holly Short, an elf. If you wonder where I got her from, the answer is "Artemis Fowl" by Eoin Colfer. My review of this amazing book is available here .

So Holly - who is she? She's the only female (test case) officer in the fairy police. She's tough, inventive and has a pleasant attitude that could make you love her from the top of her pointy ears all the way down to her feet. I loved how she always managed to get herself in some sort of trouble - whether it was troll trouble, or being kidnapped kind of trouble, her name would always be in the reports.

She was also a very special girl, because she used her brain more than some people/fairies thought she was capable. Being kidnapped, Holly freed herself against the odds, then (being meek and loving at heart) she helped her captors fight off a troll. Seriously, how brave do you have to be to go against a monster at least 3 times your height and breadth?

I totally want to step into her shoes, go on some of her adventures - especially the ones where she's gets to fly above Disneyland Paris :))

How about you? What's your heroine pick of the week?

1 comment:

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.