Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #12

Photobucket




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


My pick this week is:


Title: Such Wicked Intent
Series: The Dark Endeavor Chronicles, Book 2
Author: Kenneth Oppel
Release date: August 21st, 2012 (Which also happens to be my b-day!! Yay!!)

Summary:
Devotion turns deadly in this second Gothic thriller from Kenneth Oppel.

When does obsession become madness? Tragedy has forced sixteen-year-old Victor Frankenstein to swear off alchemy forever. He burns the Dark Library. He vows he will never dabble in the dark sciences again—just as he vows he will no longer covet Elizabeth, his brother’s betrothed.

If only these things were not so tempting.

When he and Elizabeth discover a portal into the spirit world, they cannot resist. Together with Victor’s twin, Konrad, and their friend Henry, the four venture into a place of infinite possibilities where power and passion reign. But as they search for the knowledge to raise the dead, they unknowingly unlock a darkness from which they may never return.


Why I want to read it:
Oh, where to begin? The cover looks amazing, just look at that gorgeous couple!! And I love gothic thrillers. I confess, I haven't read book 1 yet, but I'm planning on it before this creation comes out ;)

What are you waiting on this week?

15 comments:

  1. I really have to read book one because this one looks so good! Great pick! My WoW

    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I haven't read it either, but I feel like I've missed out :(

      Delete
  2. My, the cover alone is lustworthy! Thanks for sharing!

    Jez
    Emerald City Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this series but it sounds good! After his brothers girl! LOL Dark sciences and alchemy! All my kind of things! Great pick! Thanks for sharing and visiting My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there :) Thanks for dropping by and following. I'm now following you back!

    This book sounds very intriguing, it doesn't sound like anything I've read before. Thanks for choosing this one!

    Book Enslaved

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read the first book but I definitely gonna have to check it out! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read book 1 of this series yet, but I have to say that book 2 sounds super interesting, so I'll have to check out both books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woaaa! This sounds so great because of so many different things. I mean, even though I'm not a big YA fan I think I should read this one! Thank you so so much for sharing it with the rest of us. *adds it to Goodreads*

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neither Gothic nor Thrillers are my type of thing, but the cover looks good and it really sounds intersting! Hope you'll like it.
    Here's my WoW of the week

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad that you selected this one. I loved the first book in this series so much and I can't wait for this one! Great choice. New Follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book sounds amazing and I love the cover and title.

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. whoa, love the title and cover! Haven't heard of this series before, but am definitely going to look further into it.

    thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cover love and the synopsis sounds really good I haven't heard of this series. Great pick click on my name to see my picks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the cover of this one! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. New follower via networked blogs.

    Sara @ upon a love story

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't heard of this author before. Looking forward to seeing what you think about book 1. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely LOVE comments!!! So, if you stop by my blog, please leave me something nice :)

NOTE: I'm sorry for putting the CAPTCHA back up. I know it can be annoying, but I've gotten so many spam comments in the past week, it's not even funny.